- 5053 youth have participated in various activities provided by Nexus.
- 1703 adults have participated in workshops about community drug trends, impacts of trauma, parenting skills, support groups, and more.
- 367 activities have been provided.
- 51.67% of participants indicated that prior to attending the workshop, they weren’t sure how to use Naloxone.
- 94.46% of participants indicated that they now understand how to use Naloxone after completing the workshop.
- 79.61% of participants indicated that they would be comfortable administering Naloxone if needed, at the conclusion of the workshop.
OUTCOMES FROM TEACHING LIFE SKILLS IN SCHOOLS
- 83.33% of elementary school participants indicated they learned skills to say no to activities that aren’t good for them.
- 100% of elementary school students, indicated they have a goal to not smoke, vape, or use drugs and alcohol, after finishing life skills education.
- 88.89% of middle school participants indicated they now know more about how drug and alcohol use can hurt them.
- 94.44% of middle school students indicated they have a goal to not use drugs after finishing life skills education.
- 92.46% of youth participants indicated that the information provided helped them understand the negative impacts of alcohol and drug use.
- 89.95% of youth participants indicated they have a better understanding about how trauma and stress can effect health and well-being.
“EDUCATION IS FOR IMPROVING THE LIVES OF OTHERS AND FOR LEAVING YOUR COMMUNITY AND WORLD BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT.”
-MARIAN WRIGHT EDELMAN